Strawberry u-pick is closed for the 2020 season. Stay tuned for updates on when blackberry, raspberry and cherry tomato u-pick will open.
Instructions: must read!
Pick your own at Chickadee Creek is for Farm Members only, is open to all ages on weekends, and only to those 15 and older on weekdays, and only for those with a positive balance. If there is ever a discrepancy in limit/pricing information between this updates page and the paper quantities at the u-pick station on the farm, whichever quantity works in your favor is the one you may go with.
There are CRITICAL RULES to follow for picking this year. If we hear that the picking environment is not pandemic safe, we will have to close the picking.
1) Bring your own containers or use plastic bags- we will not be providing containers this year, so please look-up what a pint and a quart size are before you come!
2) Distancing: keep 6′ away from your fellow pickers. That means 2 rows away!
3) Masks: Have a mask with you and use it if you are within 50′ of another person. Yes, this is outdoors, but others have the right to expect safe behavior. As we know, the masks protect others, not ourselves.
4) Respect the one-way traffic flow out to and back from the field.
5) Picking is open from 7am to 5pm Saturday and Sunday
6) Do not enter buildings, do not pet horses, and do not linger on the farm for anything other than picking berries.
No cash required. After picking, log your harvest here–or simply record the cash value of what you picked next to your name at the checkout station. Gloves will be provided for touching the pen.
Pick-your-own on our farm is for our CSA Members only, though many of the pick-your-own crops will also be offered at the Farmers’ Markets. Members receive a weekly email with instructions and pricing.