Our u-pick is seasonally available for farm members to pick strawberries, blackberries, cherry tomatoes, sauce tomatoes, flowers and sugar snap peas.
Instructions: must read!
Strawberry U-pick is located at 80 Titus Mill Rd. Pennington NJ. Please note that children under 13 should only come on the WEEKENDS (Saturday and Sunday) for safety purposes. It is open to all ages each day from 8am to 5pm. The map below details where to find the berries. PLEASE NOTE THAT OUR U-PICK IS UNATTENDED. That means we will not be there to answer your questions or help you, so it is critical that you read all the instructions here. Strawberry season starts slow, and our patch took a hit in the cold winter weather, so temper your expectations on quantity. However- they are delicious!
1- This webpage tells you current picking limits. Do not pick beyond the limits.
5/26/21 Picking limit: 2 pints per membership per day at $4/pint
2- Picking is open only to CSA Members, and is entirely self-serve. Like our other crops, u-pick selections get debit out from your account, and for u-pick, you log the debit yourself at this link
3- Please do not wander the farm other than going to pick.
4- Do not touch the horses or the horse fence (it’s electric!)
5- You may use the port-a-john on site
Non-Strawberry (all other crops) Pick your own at Chickadee Creek is for Farm Members only, is open to all ages at the side of the farm near address number 62. These crops are usually ready in late June. If there is ever a discrepancy in limit/pricing information between this updates page and the paper quantities at the u-pick station on the farm, whichever quantity works in your favor is the one you may go with.
There are CRITICAL RULES to follow for safety. If we hear that the picking environment is not pandemic safe, we will have to close the picking.
1) Bring your own containers or use provided plastic bags- we will not be providing containers this year, so please look-up what a pint and a quart size are before you come!
2) Distancing: keep 6′ away from your fellow pickers. That means 2 rows away.
3) Masks: Have a mask with you and use it if you are within 20′ of another person. Yes, this is outdoors, but others have the right to expect safe behavior and we cannot expect to know one anothers vaccine status. As we know, the masks protect others, not ourselves.
5) Picking is open from 8am to 5 pm.
6) If you need to wash hands/use bathroom, you can come up to 80 Titus Mill Rd to use port-a-john and farm hydrant and soap
No cash required. After picking, log your harvest here
Pick-your-own on our farm is for our CSA Members only, though many of the pick-your-own crops will also be offered at the Farmers’ Markets. Members receive a weekly email with instructions and pricing.